Born in Paris, France, in 1970.
Moved professionally into photography after years working for international organisations in Eastern Europe, the Caucasus, Central Asia, Africa and the Middle East. Interested in exploring creative documentary photography to address complex socio-political issues and their perception.
Member of Picturetank, a Paris-based cooperative photo agency, since 2008. Works on commissions for corporate and institutional clients such as the AU, EU, Bel Groupe, DFID, Servicom, Atos, Ladell Mills… Editorial publications include Focus, Science et Avenir, Jeune Afrique, Afrique Magazine, Courrier International, Arte TV, Télérama, Le Vif/L’Express, Marianne, Esquire, La Croix.
Co-founder & Director of Collateral Creations, a limited company based in Paris functioning like a production platform to bridge between decision makers, analysts and creative visual professionals. It produces and distributes original audiovisual content, based on solid analysis for communication and advocacy purpose.
Educated at Masters level in documentary photography (London College of Communication), in business studies and in international relations.
- Sept 2009 - Alliance Française, Toluca, Mexico.
- Apr.-Jun. 2009 - Alliance Française, Mexico City, Mexico.
- Apr 2008 - Cinéma le Vendôme, Festival of African Cinema of Ixelles, Brussel, Belgium.
- Sept 2007 - Jan 2008: La Lettre Volée, Brussels, Belgium.
- Dec 2006 - Jan 2007: Zara Gallery, Amman, Jordan.
- Nov 2006 - Museum of Ethnography and Art at Birzeit Universtity, Birzeit, Palestine.
- Jun 2006 - Khalil Sakakini Art Center, Ramallah, Palestine.
- May 2006 - Virtual Gallery of Birzeit University, Birzeit University, Palestine.
- Mar-May 2006 - Al Mamal Foundation, Jerusalem, Israel/Palestine.
- Oct-Nov 12 – “Afro food for though”, Collateral Creations / BEL, Paris, France
- Sep 11 - "kaf be'september", Spaceship / Harakon 70, Tel Aviv, Israel.
- Nov 09-Jan 10 - "Bamako and beyond", Belgian Development Cooperation Agency, Brussels, Belgium.
- Jul 2008 - “Autour des RIP d’Arles”, International Festival of Environmental Image, HeartGalerie, Arles, France.
- May 2008 - International Festival of Environmental Image, Paris, France.
- Mar-Apr 2008 - “Bamako and beyond”, Atelier Contraste, Brussels, Belgium.
- Feb-Jun 2008 - “Attitudes and Longitudes”, Ann Loeb Bronfman Gallery, Washington DC, USA
- Jan-Feb 2008 - Prinspace, Shoredich, London, UK.
- Dec 2007 - London College of Communication, London, UK..
- Nov 2007 - “Bamako and beyond”, Centre de Formation à la Photographie, Bamako, Mali.
- Oct 2007 - Jerusalem Show, Al Mamal Foundation for Contemporary Arts, Jerusalem, Israel/Palestine.
- Jun 2002 - Atelier Contraste, Brussels, Belgium.
Jan-Mar 2006: Al-Mamal Foundation for Contemporary Arts – Jerusalem
TEACHING & COMMISSIONS
- Oct 2009 - Photography training for 50 environmental experts, Atelier Contraste, Brussels, Belgium.
- Jun 2008 - Photography training for 15 staff of a DFID-funded project about the reform of public service delivery in Nigeria; photography & creative communication advisory service.
- Mar-Jul 2006 - Photography and creativity workshops for 20 Palestinian teenagers, Al Mamal Foundation for Contemporary Arts, Jerusalem, Israel/Palestine.
- Oct 2012 – Photo book “Deweti & bon appétit” (part of “Afro-Food for thought”).
- June 2012 - Portfolio presentation of "The wall of chicon / witloof" in Le Vif / L'Express, Belgium.
- 2010 - Reference in “Mapping, counter-mapping, and map art in the mapping of Palestine”, in “Rethinking the power of maps” by Denis Wood (The Guilford Press).
- Sept 2009 – written contribution in "A land without people for a people without a land; an interactive graphic exhibition about Palestine" by Nuno Coelho and Adam Kershaw, (self-published, Portugal).
- Sept 2009 - "Cartography: Artists + Maps", Kitty Harmon, (Princeton Architectural Press, USA).
- Jul-Aug 2009 - "Seeing again for the first time", Escala, AeroMexico’s inflight magazine (Mexico).
- Feb-Apr 2009 - "Juifs & Arabes", Courrier International – Hors série (France).
- May 2008 - Science et Avenir, Festival international de l’Image Environnementale (France).
- Apr 2008 - "Mapping a different view", Smithsonian.com (USA).
- Mar 2008 - Bureaucrats, Story of the Week, online edition, Foto8 (UK).
- Mar 2008 - "Bamako and beyond" Afriqueinvisu.org.
- Winter 2007 - "Scaping the Goat in the Old City of Jerusalem", Nancy Hawker, in "Context: The Middle-East", Pen International, Vol. 57, No. 2 (USA).
- Oct 2007 - TV program "50° Nord", Arte Belgium, about The Green(er) Side of the Line exhibition at La Lettre Volée, Bruxelles (Belgium).
- Oct 2007 - "Du paysage au territoire", La Libre Belgique (Belgium).
- Feb 2008 - "Mapping it politically ‘L(A)ttitudes’", Washington Jewish Week (USA).
- Jan 2007 - "The French Biaussat’s Photographs in Zara: Symbolic Photography", Al Rai (Jordan).
- Jan 2007 - "The French Artist Alban Biaussat… A Camera that Carries the Palestinian Green Color towards Hope", Al Dustour (Jordan).
- Jan 2007 - "A photo exhibition: 'The Greener Side of the Line': A Strip for Hope", Al Ghad (Jordan)
- Dec 2006 - TV program on Arte Europe about The Green(er) Side of the Line.